We want to extend a thank-you to all members and staff for adhering to our covid protocols and policies since our re-opening. You can find all our detailed information HERE . We are incredibly proud to have members and staff who genuinely care for one another’s health and safety. Through everyone’s consistent efforts, we will continue to provide the safest fitness environment. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com. It will be our pleasure to assist you. As always, we appreciate you, our amazing Gold’s Gym BC members and look forward to seeing you at your next workout!
Current Policies and Procedures
**ATTN: ALL MEMBERS WE WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING FACE SHIELDS AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO MASKS**
Member and Staff Expectations
- All members who have not already done so will be required to review and sign a digital Member Code of Conduct, agreeing to abide by Gold’s Gym Covid Protocols
- There are no reservations required, all clubs are operating on a free-flow system. Please refer to the club capacity tracker here to plan your workout and arrival accordingly.
- Anyone entering the facilities will be required to acknowledge no contact or exposure to COVID-19 prior to entry and must exhibit NO SYMPTOMS related to COVID-19
- All members and staff must complete a temperature check prior to entry and register BELOW 37.5 degrees celsius
- Anyone within the clubs will be required to wear a mask or face covering at all times in the facility, unless using the cardiovascular equipment
- Members are required to wipe down equipment and surfaces before and after each use with an approved disinfectant provided to them upon entry
Gold’s Gym Commitment to a Healthy and Safe Environment
- Staff in each club will be dedicated to continuous zone cleanings in all areas of the gym, including cardio and strength equipment, floors, high touch areas etc. using electrostatic sprayers throughout operating hours
- Additional refill stations for wipes, paper towels, and hand sanitizer have been installed and are accessible throughout the clubs
- For sanitization we are using Bioesque. This is a botanical disinfectant solution that has been approved by Health Canada as effective against SARS-CoV-2. This solution is biodegradable, non-toxic and non-irritating.
- We are adhering to strict capacity measures at all facilities to ensure members have adequate space to practice proper social distancing
- We are using a touch less entry/check-in process
- In accordance provincial mask mandate, we require all members and staff to wear a mask while in the facility. Members are NOT required to wear a mask while actively using cardiovascular equipment
Amenities, Equipment and Classes
- We are currently not offering any Group Fitness Classes
- All equipment has been spaced out to adhere to the 6ft physical distancing guidelines
- Currently the following amenities are unavailable until further notice:
- Towel Service
- Shower Facilities
- Saunas/Steam Rooms/Pool
- Kid’s Club
Frequently Asked Questions
All of our clubs are currently open!
We are committed to maintaining a safe and clean environment, while offering more flexibility to our members. No other operational changes are taking place. This means we will continue with the following:
- Adhering to a strict maximum capacity
- Continuing to enforce our mask/face covering policy
- Ensuring adequate space for proper social distancing while in the club
- Regular thorough cleanings conducted by staff
- Providing members with disinfectant to use during their workout
- Check-in procedure with temperature checks, covid questionnaire and refusing access to anyone displaying symptoms
Langley, Port Coquitlam, West Broadway (Vancouver)
Weekdays 5:00am – 11:00pm
Weekends 7:00am – 8:00pm
University Market Place (Vancouver)
Weekdays 6:00am – 10:30pm
Weekends 8:00am – 8:00pm
Currently none of our facilities offer 24hr access.
We adhere to our maximum capacity guidelines as outlined by worksafe BC, we have been conservative with our numbers to ensure members are able to practice social distancing during their workout. Our contact-less check-in system allows us to track how many members and which members are in the club at any given time.
I am NOT currently a Gold’s Gym British Columbia Member. Are you accepting drop-ins, guest passes or trial membership passes at this time?
Drop-ins are available for local residents only (must provide ID showing local address). They will be available ONLY if space permits and any trial offerings normally offered WILL NOT be activated at this time (includes Groupon).
Guest passes will not be issued, out-of-town guests.
If you are interested in membership, please email our Sales Director, Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org and it would be his pleasure to assist you further.
What can I expect when I return to the gym? What changes have you made to each club to maximize safety for staff and members?
As the Province begins to relax lockdown measures and non-essential businesses start to reopen,
our top priority is to ensure the health and safety of our staff and members. Accordingly, we have
adjusted our check-in process and Club Policies and Procedures, including enhancing our cleaning
protocols due to the Covid-19 situation, to mitigate potential spread of the virus. Below are the
preventative steps and rules we have implemented for the Phase 1 of our Restart Plan to facilitate a
safer work and workout out environment for our staff and members.
Limiting Capacity in our Clubs to allow proper minimum physical distancing measures as mandated by
the Public Health Authority:
– Staff and Member Covid-19 declarations and safety checks which include symptom and temperature
checks and health declarations completed once daily for members and twice daily for every staff
member. Health checks will be conducted and must be verified as acceptable prior to anyone entering
the facility, NO EXCEPTIONS.
– Improved touchless processes when attending the facility including member and guest check-ins,
payment transactions, membership enrollment and handling of member account issues.
– Enhanced and frequent cleaning protocols that both staff and members will be required to follow and
obey for the safety of everyone attending the Club.
– Protective Personal Protection Equipment (PPPE) will be worn by all staff (mask and gloves) and are
always highly recommended for members while in the Club except whilst engaged in vigorous exercise.
For further details, please navigate the Gold’s Gym BC website and select “Reopening Protocols”. From
there select the “Reopening Plan” button and the additional reopening information will populate.
We will reactivate billing of your membership dues on the date your home club reopens. We realize that the COVID-19 pandemic has created unforeseen circumstances for many people and we understand that despite our best efforts to create a safe fitness environment for our Members, there may be some who are not prepared to return to our clubs.
We offer do offer holds on account, please email email@example.com for details on the hold process.
For your protection and theirs, all members and staff are required to wear face coverings at all times, unless using our cardiovascular equipment. Physical distancing of a minimum 6 feet apart will be strictly enforced as mandated by
Public Health Authorities.
I am a One-on-One Personal Training Client and want to begin working out with my Gold’s Gym BC personal trainer. How do I make an appointment?
You can contact your Gold’s Gym BC Personal Trainer directly or you can email Jean, Director of
Fitness at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your trainers name, when you want to restart and what
days and times work best for you. You will be emailed the required Re-Opening Personal Training forms
which must be signed and returned to email@example.com prior to booking any PT sessions.
You and your trainer will arrange your appointment times in advance to reserve your spot and your
trainer will schedule your session for the appropriate time slot. You will not be required to make a
reservation on myiclubonline.com as your trainer will book you in a separate PT specific time slot. If you
do not have any personal training sessions remaining, you will need to purchase a new PT Package or
reactivate your personal training billing prior to the first Personal Training session with your trainer
Yes, the expiry for all Personal Training sessions will be extended for the equal duration of time the
hold was active. For example, if your Personal Training package expiry date was originally October 1st,
and the full duration of your hold was two (2) months and 5 days, the new expiry date for your personal
training sessions would be extended two months and five days so your new expiry date would be
December 6th, 2020.