We want to extend a thank-you to all members and staff for adhering to our covid protocols and policies since our re-opening. You can find all our detailed information HERE . We are incredibly proud to have members and staff who genuinely care for one another’s health and safety. Through everyone’s consistent efforts, we will continue to provide the safest fitness environment. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com. It will be our pleasure to assist you. As always, we appreciate you, our amazing Gold’s Gym BC members and look forward to seeing you at your next workout!
Current Policies and Procedures
**ATTN: EFFECTIVE MONDAY SEPTEMBER 13th, 2021, WE WILL BE REQUIRING THE VACCINE PASSPORT FOR ACCESS TO OUR FACILITIES PLEASE SEE BELOW FAQ FOR FULL DETAILS**
Member and Staff Expectations
- All members who have not already done so will be required to review and sign a digital Member Code of Conduct, agreeing to abide by Gold’s Gym Covid Protocols
- There are no reservations required, all clubs are operating on a free-flow system. Please refer to the club capacity tracker here to plan your workout and arrival accordingly.
- Anyone entering the facilities will be required to acknowledge no contact or exposure to COVID-19 prior to entry and must exhibit NO SYMPTOMS related to COVID-19
- All members and staff must complete a temperature check prior to entry and register BELOW 37.5 degrees celsius
- Anyone within the clubs is recommended to wear a mask while moving around the facility.
- Members are required to wipe down equipment and surfaces before and after each use with an approved disinfectant provided to them upon entry
Gold’s Gym Commitment to a Healthy and Safe Environment
- Staff in each club will be dedicated to continuous zone cleanings in all areas of the gym, including cardio and strength equipment, floors, high touch areas, etc. using electrostatic sprayers throughout operating hours
- Additional refill stations for wipes, paper towels, and hand sanitizer have been installed and are accessible throughout the clubs
- For sanitization, we are using Bioesque. This is a botanical disinfectant solution that has been approved by Health Canada as effective against SARS-CoV-2. This solution is biodegradable, non-toxic, and non-irritating.
- We are adhering to strict capacity measures at all facilities to ensure members have adequate space to practice proper social distancing
- We are using a touch less entry/check-in process
- Masks are mandatory unless actively working out. This means they must be worn while entering, leaving, moving around the facility between the equipment and in the changerooms.
Amenities, Equipment, and Classes
- We will now provide limited access to lockers for your belongings. Please use the designated lockers as we will no longer be allowing gym bags in all workout areas.
- All equipment has been spaced out to adhere to the 6ft physical distancing guidelines
- Currently, the following amenities are unavailable until further notice:
- Towel Service
- Kid’s Club
Frequently Asked Questions
What does this mean for members?
All members must show proof of their FULL vaccination status along with a government-issued photo ID as of Sunday, October 24th, 2021.
If you currently have provided proof of only ONE vaccination (partially vaccinated), you will be required to update your member profile and provide proof of your FULL vaccination. When you enter the club, please show your Vaccination Passport to our front desk associate so they can verify and update your member profile.
Your Check-in Process:
1. Have your proof of vaccination ready, either as a digital copy on your mobile device or your physical card
2. Present your government-issued photo ID along with your vaccine status for verification
3. Verification will be saved on your members account to ensure efficient future check-ins
4. If you choose NOT to have your membership profile updated, you will be required to show your Vaccination Passport EACH TIME you visit any of our clubs to gain access
Langley, Port Coquitlam, West Broadway (Vancouver)
Weekdays 5:00am – 11:00pm
Weekends 7:00am – 8:00pm
University Marketplace (Vancouver)
Weekdays 6:00am – 10:30pm
Weekends 8:00am – 8:00pm
Currently, none of our facilities offer 24hr access.
We adhere to our maximum capacity guidelines as outlined by worksafe BC, we have been conservative with our numbers to ensure members are able to practice social distancing during their workout. Our contact-less check-in system allows us to track how many members and which members are in the club at any given time.
I am NOT currently a Gold’s Gym British Columbia Member. Are you accepting drop-ins, guest passes or trial membership passes at this time?
Drop-ins are available for local residents only (must provide ID showing local address). They will be available ONLY if space permits and any trial offerings normally offered WILL NOT be activated at this time (includes Groupon).
Guest passes will not be issued for out-of-town guests.
If you are interested in a membership, please email our Sales Director, Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org and it would be his pleasure to assist you further.
What can I expect when I return to the gym? What changes have you made to each club to maximize safety for staff and members?
As British Columbia continues to adjust provincial and regional restrictions, our top priority is to ensure the health and safety of our staff and members. Accordingly, we have adjusted our check-in process and Club Policies and Procedures, including enhancing our cleaning protocols due to the Covid-19 situation, to mitigate the potential spread of the virus. Below are the preventative steps and rules we have implemented for Phase 3 of our Restart Plan to facilitate a safer work and workout environment for our staff and members.
Limiting Capacity in our Clubs to allow proper minimum physical distancing measures as mandated by the Public Health Authority:
– Staff and Member Covid-19 declarations and safety checks which include: symptom and temperature checks and health declarations completed once daily for members and every staff member. Health checks will be conducted and must be verified as acceptable prior to anyone entering the facility, NO EXCEPTIONS.
– Improved touchless processes when attending the facility including member and guest check-ins, payment transactions, membership enrollment and handling of member account issues.
– Enhanced and frequent cleaning protocols that both staff and members will be required to follow and obey for the safety of everyone attending the Club.
– Protective Personal Protection Equipment (PPPE) will be worn by all staff (mask) and are mandatory for members while in the Club except whilst engaged in vigorous exercise.
We will reactivate billing of your membership dues on the date your home club reopens. We realize that the COVID-19 pandemic has created unforeseen circumstances for many people and we understand that despite our best efforts to create a safe fitness environment for our Members, there may be some who are not prepared to return to our clubs.
We do offer holds on account, please email email@example.com for details on the hold process.
Masks are mandatory for members unless actively working out. For your protection and theirs, all staff is required to wear masks at all times. Physical distancing of a minimum 6 feet apart will be strictly enforced as mandated by Public Health Authorities.
I am a One-on-One Personal Training Client and want to begin working out with my Gold’s Gym BC personal trainer. How do I make an appointment?
You can contact your Gold’s Gym BC Personal Trainer directly or you can email Jean, Director of Fitness at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your trainer’s name, when you want to restart and what days and times work best for you. You will be emailed the required Re-Opening Personal Training forms which must be signed and returned to email@example.com prior to booking any PT sessions.
You and your trainer will arrange your appointment times in advance to reserve your spot and your trainer will schedule your session for the appropriate time slot. If you do not have any personal training sessions remaining, you will need to purchase a new PT Package or reactivate your personal training billing prior to the first Personal Training session with your trainer.