Give this delicious Granola recipe a try!
1/2 c. olive oil or extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
3/4 c. pure maple syrup
2 tbsp. turbinado sugar (we used Sugar in the Raw)
1 tsp. kosher salt
3 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
1 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
3/4 c. raw sunflower seeds
3/4 c. raw pumpkin seeds
- Heat oven to 300°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In large bowl, combine oil, maple syrup, sugar, and salt. Add oats, coconut, and sunflower, and pumpkin seeds and stir to evenly coat.
- Spread mixture onto a prepared baking sheet and bake, stirring every 15 min., until granola is light golden brown and dry, 45 to 55 minutes. Let cool completely.
- For Ginger-Pecan Granola: Omit pumpkin seeds and reduce sunflower seeds to 1/2 cup. Add 1 1/2 cups pecans (roughly chopped). Bake granola per recipe instructions, tossing with 1 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (from one 2-inch piece) when it comes out of the oven.
- For Cumin-Thyme Granola: Omit coconut. Add 2 tablespoon each cumin seeds and fresh thyme leaves and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon to the bowl along with oil and maple syrup.
- For Spicy Sesame-Tamari Granola: Omit sugar, salt, and sunflower seeds. Use only 1/2 cup coconut and increase pumpkin seeds to 1 cup. Stir in 1/2 cup tamari with oil and add 1/2 cup sesame seeds and heaping 1/2 tsp cayenne along with oats.
- For Coriander-Almond Granola: Omit sugar, coconut, and pumpkin seeds. Add 1/4 cup coriander seeds (lightly crushed) and 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds along with oats.
- For Sweet and Spicy Granola: Omit coconut and increase pumpkin and sunflower seeds to 1 1/2 cups each. Bake granola per recipe instructions, tossing with 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder when it comes out of the oven.