Tuesday, January 18th, 2022
To our Gold’s Gym BC Family,
Following the recent announcement of gym’s reopening in BC, we wanted to provide details on what to expect as we open the Gold’s Gym B.C.’s fitness clubs.
To start, we want to say a huge thank you for your support over the past month. We appreciate all of you and are incredibly excited to welcome you back in the clubs, continuing to support you on your health and fitness journey!
All our clubs will reopen on Wednesday, January 19th, 2022. All aspects from the Phase 3 reopening remain in place, regarding sanitization and physical distancing guidelines to ensure the safety of our Members and Staff as we continue to follow the Worksafe BC and Provincial Health Guidelines. With the Covid-19 Omicron variant, we want to ensure we are providing a safe place for everyone in the clubs. Please review the following so you are prepared for your first visit back.
MEMBER AND STAFF REQUIREMENTS
Staff will continue to abide by Gold’s Gym Restart Plan Protocols and Guidelines and our Covid-19 Safety Plan regarding all safety and health precautions before, during, and after their scheduled shift(s). Members must adhere to Provincial and local Municipal Guidelines as well as Gold’s Gym British Columbia’s Code of Conduct and Club Policies (Please go to www.goldsgymbc.ca and select “COVID POLICIES” for more detailed information and to familiarize yourself with our additional club policies due to Covid-19).
The following policies will remain intact on Wednesday, January 19th,2022:
1) Double Vaccination Passport Verification:
In compliance with the Public Health Order for Vaccine Passports, customers of non-essential businesses will be required to show proof of FULL vaccination status (two doses of vaccine) along with a government issued photo ID. All patrons entering the facility must show proof of vaccination before being granted access into our facilities.
2) Club Capacity limits will remain the same, based on the size of each individual club (all less than 50% maximum capacity and adhering to the minimum space requirements as specified by Provincial Health):
a) University Marketplace, Vancouver = 60 members maximum
b) West Broadway, Vancouver = 95 members maximum
c) Port Coquitlam = 120 members maximum
d) Langley = 120 members maximum
3) Masks and Face Coverings:
It is mandatory for members to wear their masks in the club at ALL times, except while actively engaging in rigorous exercise, including Personal Training Sessions and Group Fitness Classes. However, we highly recommend and encourage all members to wear a mask as much as possible inside the Club and maintain a 2-metre distance from others in the facility. We suggest members always carry their mask with them and ask that members wear a mask when entering and exiting the Club, to and from the changeroom, while in the changeroom/ washroom area, while taking a tour, waiting for a class etc. Our goal is to minimize potential exposures within our facilities.
4) NO Spotting Permitted:
Members will NOT be allowed to “spot” other members at this time.
5) Individual Spray Bottles:
We will still provide each member with an individual spray bottle for cleaning equipment before and after use.
6) Physical Distancing:
Cardio equipment will be spaced out a minimum of 2.5 metres to maintain physical distancing between high-intensity equipment. Members will also be asked to maintain social distancing as much as possible while in the facility.
CLUB HOURS & AMENITIES
HOURS OF OPERATIONS FOR GOLD’S GYM WEST BROADWAY,
PORT COQUITLAM AND LANGLEY
WEEKDAYS: Mon-Fri | 5:00 am – 11:00 pm
WEEKENDS: Sat-Sun | 7:00 am – 8:00 pm
HOURS OF OPERATIONS FOR GOLD’S GYM UNIVERSITY MARKETPLACE
WEEKDAYS: Mon-Fri | 6:00 am- 10:30 pm
WEEKENDS: Sat-Sun | 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
• Group Exercise Classes: Registration for classes will be required through our Gold’s Gym British Columbia app. A full description of classes, instructors and class times will be provided at each location where group classes are offered.
• Limited Showers
• Lockers are Open
• Infra-red saunas (for applicable locations) (reopening on Monday, January 24th)
• Steam Rooms (limited capacity, max three (3) persons at any time, where applicable) (reopening on Monday, January 24th)
• Hot Tub (Langley only, limited capacity, max three (3) persons at any time) (reopening on Monday, January 24th)
• Tanning (Langley only) (reopening on Monday, January 24th)
We will not be offering childminding at this time, nor will we be offering 24-hour access to West Broadway or PoCo’s Express, until further notice.
TOUCHLESS ENTRY | CHECK IN PROCESS | REGISTER (POS SYSTEM)
• Out of town guests will be allowed to enter the clubs; A local provincial driver’s license or valid ID is required for all guests, as well as proof of valid vaccination, NO EXCEPTIONS!
• Members will continue to use a touchless scan in process to scan their key fob or Gold’s Gym app barcode on the scanner, which will be placed on the counter.
• Cash will be accepted. A credit/ debit card may be used with chip reader “tap” or card stored on file
• Staff in each club are committed to supporting cleaning in all areas of the gym, including cardio and strength equipment, floors, high touch areas, door handles, etc.
• Members will be required to wipe down equipment and surfaces before and after each use with wipes/ medical grade disinfectant (spray bottles).
• Daily cleaning protocols with Health Canada approved medical-grade disinfectant cleaning solutions, additional refill stations for wipes, sprays, and bottles, and paper towel dispensers and hand sanitizers accessible on the workout floor.
• Bioesque is a botanical Disinfectant Solution we will be using, which is biodegradable, non-toxic and non-irritating. Formulated without phthalates, propylparaben, butylparaben,formaldehyde, formaldehyde-dnors, or NPE’s. Approved by Health Canada as effective against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19)
CODE OF CONDUCT
• All Members who have not already done so will be required to review and sign a digital update to the Member Code of Conduct agreeing to abide by the new Gold’s Gym cleaning standards as well as safe physical distancing practices of at least 6’ apart while using the gym. A liability waiver will be provided upon arrival at the club which must be filled in, signed, and submitted to a Gold’s Gym British Columbia representative DURING YOUR FIRST VISIT to the gym. The liability waiver form MUST be signed and submitted to Gold’s Gym B.C, for access to the club or admittance will not be granted, NO EXCEPTIONS.
• All Members will still be required to re-affirm no contact or exposure to Covid-19 every time they workout at the facility by way of verbal declaration prior to check- in and entrance to the facility, as well as exhibit NO SYMPTOMS related to Covid-19 (which includes fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue or loss of appetite). If staff or Member(s) exhibit any Covid-19 related illness, they will be denied entry into our facilities, asked to return home to self-isolate and contact the appropriate Health Authority at *811.
• All Members will be required to confirm they are not living or been around anyone who is sick, quarantined, or self-isolating.
We will reactivate and recommencing billing as per your regular billing cycle. All membership invoices that were suspended during the closure period (Dec 23-Jan 18th) will be re-issued at the end of your membership term and your membership agreement and end date will be extended by the equivalent amount of time as the closure period (27 days). If your annual club enhancement fee was due within December 23-Jan 18th, it will be drafted on January 19th. Personal training reoccurring dues will also restart as of January 19th, 2022.
We understand that despite our efforts to create a safe fitness environment for our members, there may be some of you who are not prepared to return to our fitness centres due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation. To address this concern, you may continue to have your membership on HOLD if you wish to keep your membership inactive at this time (a nominal Hold Fee will apply, as specified in your membership agreement). By placing your membership on hold, your membership dues will be deferred and entry into our clubs will be restricted until you re-activate your membership. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to place your membership on HOLD.
Once you reactivate your membership, your membership dues will recommence billing and you will regain access and use of our fitness facilities. Keep in mind your membership contract will be extended by the equal amount of time your membership remained on hold.
We are excited to begin welcoming you back to our Clubs! We are working hard to ensure that Gold’s Gym British Columbia remains a safe and trusted place for you to enjoy! We appreciate your patience and cooperation in following our Covid-19 protocols to help ensure everyone’s safety and comfort. We will continue to provide email and social media updates as soon as any new developments or changes are made. Should
you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gold’s Gym British Columbia